Friday, June 5, 2009

ACADEMIC GOAL

SMART Checklist

Specific:
Get a B grade for all the modules for common test by week 13 in Nanyang Polytechnic (NYP) by attending every lesson, copying down imporatant notes, revise when there free time and also hand in all assignments on time.


Measurable:
able to cope and do well and attain a B grades in all modules by week 13.


Achievable:
I must attend all important lessons. Hand in all assignments on time. Pay attention in class, copy down important notes and not fall asleep at class.


Relevant:
Being able to get to at least a B grade for all the modules. Able to understand more about engineering, programming, electronics and of course personal development and communication skills. Thus, this achievment about help me for my further study and even future job. Furthermore, being able to manage my time and achieve my goal, I’ll be more successful in achieving others goals and has a successful life ahead.



Time referenced:
wk 2 -complete all assigments and e-quizs
wk 3 to 6 -complete all different modules group project, assigments and revise
wk 7 to 8 - complete project, presentation, understand all
wk 9 to 10-Preparation for common tests and all projects
wk11- common tests
wk 12 to 13- presenation of all projects


Why I have chosen this specific goal?
I’ve choosen this goal as i always lack of discipline, won’t do thing without reminder, so i want to train myself to be more discipline , plan and do thing within the schedule and according. Due to my laziness, i always dilly dally and i trend to become more and more lazy to do that particular thing. Like for example, i kept telling myself that they are tomorrow for me to study , so its not urgent or needs to study today, and continuously tomorrow and tomorrow, in the end ,i end up doing nothing. This also part of training my perservance and determination which will also help to build up my personal development which will be important in real life, no matter where, as it needed no matter what thing i am doing and it is true.
Attitude means everything to everyone in anywhere.

If i had success by doing this goal according, i would be able to score well for all my modules and score at least Bs, hence this will help me to take a distinction in my course certificate, and i would be able to had a chance to continue future studies and get a PHD, which i hope to get it, there is also a chance that i got a scholarship from some school or even company to sponsor my school fee ,etc. And end up i will have a great opportunities for me to find a good job with super high salary. Thus, i wouldn’t need to worry when i become old ,and i even can get extra money to travel around the world with my future husband.


How I planned to achieve this goal?
I’ve plan to start being attentive in class, listening to teacher carefully with understanding. When i don’t know anything i will make sure i ask the teacher until i am clear of that particular questions. Of course just listening is not enough for me, i am also planning to copy all those important notes/examples that teacher had written or shown into a booklet, its will be use as a reference, as referring to this it will help you to recap or even understand the particular thing easier. I even planning to meet my friends up to study, either in school or study room or library, as the place you going to study and at will affect how you going to study, as in how well you can absorb the thing you study. Moreover, during the my free time i also planning to do practices that i am weak in , i will also make sure that i check the NYP website under CMS ,1day before lesson ,to read on the notes that the teachers had posted for the lesson, so as to make me to understand easier what the teacher teaching during lesson.

If i follow everything according getting all passes for all the modules with at least B in it will not be a problem. All base on my determination and perservance!! GO FOR IT!!

No comments:

Post a Comment